Re: qsort (was Re: Solaris) (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nolan@celery.tssi.com
Subject Re: qsort (was Re: Solaris) (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-general
> dalgoda@ix.netcom.com (Mike Castle) writes:
> > Better yet:  Anyway of running performance tests from configure?
>
> Peter will object to that because of cross-compilation issues; and I'll
> object because I run configure often enough that I don't want it to take
> the time that would be needed for a reliable performance test ...

I would think that any performance testing would belong in the regression
suite.  And as anyone who lived through the TPC-A/B/C wars knows, it is
possible to write or tune to the test suite, which may or may not reflect
reality.  (Reality is SO variable!)
--
Mike Nolan