Re: the RAID question, again - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: the RAID question, again
Date
List pgsql-performance
Vincent,

> But if this controller is medium-end, could anyone recommend a high-end
> RAID card that has excellent linux support? One of the things I especially
> like about ICP Vortex products is the official linux support and the
> excellent software utility for monitoring and (re)configuring the raid
> arrays. Comes in handy when replacing hot-spares and rebuilding failed
> arrays while keeping the box running :)

No, just negative advice.  Mylex support is dead until someone steps into the
shoes of the late developer of that driver.   Adaptec is only paying their
linux guy to do Red Hat support for their new RAID cards, so you're SOL with
other distributions.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions