Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Upgrade to Red Hat Linux 9 broke PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:56:16AM -0700, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> I heard that the debian rev system is MUCH better, but never got accepted
> because of the market weight of RH. Is this so?

Debian just makes the compromises in another place.  I like the
.deb+apt approach better, myself, but I don't think it has anything
like a magic bullet for this problem.

(This is not to denigrate the excellent work of Oliver Elphick, by
the way.)

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110