Re: Anyone working on better transaction locking? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From cbbrowne@cbbrowne.com
Subject Re: Anyone working on better transaction locking?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 10:43:06PM +0300, Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > Does anybody have any idea how Oracle RAC does it ?
>
> According to some marketing literature I saw, it was licensed
> technology; it was supposed to be related to VMS.  More details I
> don't have, though.

That would fit perfectly with it having been part of the purchase of Rdb
from Digital...  There might well be some "harvestable" Rdb information
out there somewhere...

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/lomet92private.html

(note that (Rdb != /RDB) && (Rdb != Rand RDB); there's an unfortunate
preponderance of "things called RDB")
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.enworbbc@" "enworbbc"))
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/rdbms.html