Re: Tech Docs and Consultants - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From elein
Subject Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
Date
Re: Tech Docs and Consultants
List pgsql-advocacy
OK, In summary:

Justin needs a break.
Josh is willing to take over techdocs.
Elein, Richard, John are willing to help.

We have decided to keep techdocs at hub.org
with the other postgresql sites.

We will keep the current zwiki part of techdocs
and possibly enhance it.

We need to improve contribution turn around for
input into the techdoc page, ideally enabling
anyone to contribute articles, reviews, etc.

The decision on the infrastruction is up in the air.
The choices are:
    a) static html/css
    b) bricolage
    c) php/css
    d) wiki (enhanced or regular)
    e) as yet unknown

Josh, if you are running the show, then you get to decide
on the infrastructure.  But you'll need to look at the options
to find what you're most comfortable with. And everyone else gets
an opinion/input. I'm sure Marc will accomodate what we need
when we decide.

I'm familiar wikis, php/css and static html.  I don't know
anything about bricolage (yet?). But I know how to create an
open wiki which is also human engineered to be structured and
how to keep it that way.

Lets get going.

elein

elein@varlena.com     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com