Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Upgrade to RedHat 9.0 broke PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 11 April 2003 23:06, Bob Kline wrote:
> On 11 Apr 2003, Neil Conway wrote:
> > Applying this patch should allow PostgreSQL 7.2.x to compile under RH9:

> > http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/comma
> >nds/copy.c.diff?only_with_tag=REL7_2_STABLE&r2=1.145.2.2&r1=1.145.2.1&f=c

> Excellent!  Thanks very much.

RPMs for 7.2.4 built on Red Hat Linux 9 are uploading now to
ftp.postgresql.org.  They are in the directory
/pub/binary/v7.2.4/RPMS/redhat-9, as 7.2.4-2PGDG.  Source RPM is in
/pub/binary/v7.2.4/RPMS/SRPMS

There are a few missing files fixed by this as well as just being compiled
under RHL9.  I will upload RHL 8.0 versions if demand is there.  Likewise,
versions for RHL7.3 and RHL6.2 may be arrangable, if the demand is there.

Note that the RHL9 RPMset does not include postgresql-perl due to some issues
with my build setup (that is, I don't want to build as root since I have a
working and in use 7.3.2 setup on my buildbox, and the perl subpackage won't
build as a normal user).  As this RPMset is meant for those who upgraded to
RHL9 and can't get their data anymore, this isn't a terrible issue:
'downgrade' the postgresql RPMs (using --oldpackage), dump your data, upgrade
back, and try to restore.  Iterate until working... :-)  Make a copy of
/var/lib/pgsql/data first, please.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio