Has anyone seen this error? I cannot log into my database. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From P G
Subject Has anyone seen this error? I cannot log into my database.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Linux kernel:  2.4.18-3
PostgreSQL:  7.3.2

I ran make for v7.3.2 successfully and ran the
regression tests successfully, but I keep getting the
following error when trying to log into my database.
Will someone tell me what this is and how to fix it?

$ psql -d template1
Welcome to psql 7.3.2, the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:
PQgetssl
$