Bug #934: readline.h not found during configure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject Bug #934: readline.h not found during configure
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Bill Eichin (bill@eichin.org) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
readline.h not found during configure

Long Description
I'm running debian woody, and I've been revisiting this problem for several months.  I had no choice during compile
exceptto select --without-readline in order to move on in the compile process.  Just about twenty minutes ago, I found
thatinstalling the "libedit-dev" package provided me with the "/usr/include/libedit/libreadline.h file.  Symlinking
/usr/include/libeditto /usr/include/libreadline made the configure process succeed without disabling readline.

I don't know exactly who to complain to, or what exactly to complain about.  So, here it it, and if you want to check
outthe details, I'll get you a logon into the server I'm doing this on.  Thanks, in advance, for having a bug reporting
system:)

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report