Re: contrib and licensing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: contrib and licensing
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> > > If that is a real objective, I'm surprised.
> >
> > The base source tree has always been as BSD pure as we can make it ... its
> > never been kept a secret ...
>
> True.  But not linking to LGPLd libs would be a bit extreme there.

Correct, we've always had libreadline support, as a compile option, but
libreadline is not part of the distribution, only the hooks to it are ...
and, just recently, libedit(?) support was added as well, so that a
non-GPL licensed alternative is available for those wishing to distribute
the software ...