Re: Bug report - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert E. Bruccoleri
Subject Re: Bug report
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Dear Neil,

> On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 19:26, Robert E. Bruccoleri wrote:
> > MIPS Pro 7.4 and MIPS Pro 7.3.1.3, 64 bit compilation model.
>
> I've seen some other people having troubles with PostgreSQL compiled
> with Mips Pro on IRIX/MIPS -- does the problem persist if you recompile
> PostgreSQL with gcc?

PostgreSQL does not compile properly with gcc. I've been using
PostgreSQL on Irix/MIPS for about six years -- it's quite stable. This
bug appears to be related to the use of constraints in deadlock
detection, it doesn't look like a compiler problem.

--Bob

| Robert E. Bruccoleri, Ph.D. | email: bruc@acm.org                |
| President, Congenomics Inc. | URL:   http://www.congen.com/~bruc |
| P.O. Box 314                | Phone: 609 818 7251                |
| Pennington, NJ 08534        |                                    |