Re: [INTERFACES] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I was thinking if we had a SET PERMANENT that couldn't be changed,
interfaces that want to control variables could set them perminantly,
and others could let users control it.

Actually, if we reported change to the client, the interface could
override any change the user made --- just an idea.

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Man, I lost another vote!  :-)
>
> Happens to us all ;-)
>
> But this discussion is far from over ... not that many people have
> weighed in yet.  Also, even if autocommit's fate is sealed, we still
> have to think about how to handle the other variables Barry identified
> as trouble spots.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Pennsylvania19073