Re: vacuum all but system tables - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Victor Yegorov
Subject Re: vacuum all but system tables
Date
Re: vacuum all but system tables  (Tomasz Myrta <jasiek@klaster.net>)
List pgsql-sql
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [19.03.2003 16:32]:
> "Victor Yegorov" <viy@pirmabanka.lv> writes:
> > I'd like to make a script to automatically vacuum all my DBs nightly. And
> > I'd like to skip system tables, starting with pg_*.
>
> Um ... what in the world makes you think that's a good idea?  System
> tables need maintenance too.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Yes, of course they need.

May be I'll put my question in a different manner:

System tables are location-wide (I mean one set of tables for PostgreSQL
location) or each database has it's own set of system tables?

If second, I apologies for noising. If first, I'd like to have a separate
script for them.

--

Victor Yegorov