Re: Red Hat snubbed by Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Red Hat snubbed by Oracle
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Oracle is now providing higher level support for United Linux than for
> > Red Hat Linux:
> >     http://www.silicon.com/news/500011/1/3315.html
>
> I don't see where in that you read that Oracle is offering a *higher*
> level of support on UnitedLinux.  It looks less to me than what they
> currently do with Red Hat.  Still, you are right that any support for
> other Linux distros besides Red Hat won't make RH happy ...

You are right --- it wasn't clear how United Linux support is any
_better_ than for Red Hat.  They talked about "Level 3 support"  but
didn't say what the level was for Red Hat.

The News Forge comments also asked this question:

    http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac/03/03/17/1610236.shtml?tid=3

I also came across an interesting article about Oracle's Linux guy:

    http://news.com.com/2008-1001-992907.html?tag=fd_nc_1