Re: Relation "pg_relcheck" - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tilo Schwarz
Subject Re: Relation "pg_relcheck"
Date
List pgsql-sql
Tom Lane writes:
> "Victor Yegorov" <viy@pirmabanka.lv> writes:
> > mema2=> \d forest
> > ERROR:  Relation "pg_relcheck" does not exist
> >
> > Whats the problem, I wonder.
>
> psql version not matching server version.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Because this sort of questions appears quite often, I was wondering, if the
start up message of psql could be changed from

Welcome to psql 7.4devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

to something like

Welcome to psql 7.4devel, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
Connected to PostgreSQL <put version here>.

to make it easier to catch these errors. Don't I get the server version with
"select version();"? (I would even try my first patch if folks would like
it...)

Best regards,
Tilo