Re: psql patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jeroen T. Vermeulen
Subject Re: psql patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 09:44:27PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

> I have backed out the patch so I could get work done ;-).  Please repair
> it and resubmit.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima maxima culpa.  I misspelled the
comparison operator for two clauses in a loop condition.  I'll submit
an updated patch once I've done some more testing (I'm not yet 100%
sure that my new version if free of memory leaks).

One of the goals of my patch is to enable immediate notification of
notifications, even when the listening process isn't issuing a query.
Maybe it would be nice to be able to check for notifications e.g.
whenever the input line is empty.  That change would be rather messy
without a slight restructuring.

Jeroen