Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles"
Date
Re: Fwd: REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX and "query may contain cycles"  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:43:21 -0500,
  "Eric B. Ridge" <ebr@tcdi.com> wrote:
> I've run into a situation where I need a RULE to execute more than 10
> (guaranteed non-cyclical) operations.
>
> Outside of modifying the source every time I compile/install postgres
> (which is what I've done now), how can I redefine REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX?
>
> Also, is there any possibility of making REWRITE_INVOKE_MAX a
> configurable number in some future version of postgres?

I think in 7.4 it is getting raised to 100. There was a message about it
(from Tom Lane I think) within the last couple of weeks.