Re: psql and readline - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: psql and readline
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 12:05:20AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Ross J. Reedstrom writes:
>
> I don't think this is what we were out for.  We've certainly been running
> with libedit for a long time without anyone ever mentioning
> /usr/include/editline.  I suggest this part is taken out.

Well, I found a set of systems that install libedit (and editline) in that
location (i.e. Debian Linux). I couldn't test on the standard version of
that system without either this, or hacking a symlink into /usr/include.

Yes, BSD systems that install libedit directly in /usr/include (or into
readline), like Patrick's,  don't need it, but mine do. Is there some
reason we _shouldn't_ support this configuration?

Ross