Re: FreeBSD: SMP and PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Francisco J Reyes
Subject Re: FreeBSD: SMP and PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> Any tips for a newbie besides reading the online docs (which I'm in the
> middle of) ???

For FreeBSD or for PostgreSQL. Not sure which one you need more info to
get familiar with..

There are some very good intro books for both FreeBSD and PostgreSQL.
Beyond the basics, to be honest with you, I have not found a good
replacement for just trying what you need and asking questions. There are
just so many variations of how people use an OS/DB that it would be hard
for an authod to think up all the situations.

However, searching google and google groups many times point you in the
right direction since some questions, although not common, have been asked
before in forums, newsgroups and other placed scanned by google.