Re: psql and readline - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Patrick Welche
Subject Re: psql and readline
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 10:25:52AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > The sad thing is that my readline wrapper for libedit doesn't wrap
> > replace_history_entry,
>
> Well, is that a bug in your wrapper?  Or must we add a configure test
> for the presence of replace_history_entry()?

Good question. Easiest for now for me would be add a configure test. Long
term libedit needs tweeking... In fact for now, I just comment out the call
the replace_history_entry, as I am more than happy with the rest of the
readline behaviour (as implemented in libedit).

Patrick