Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Changing the default configuration (was Re:
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 05:32:58PM -0700, scott.marlowe wrote:

> So, what OSes would have a problem, if any, with boosting something
> like max connects to 200?  What are the breaking points on other OSes?

Solaris 8 broke at 200, the last time I tried on a new box.  150
didn't break it, though.

Given the absolute bare-minimum hardware you can get Solaris to work
on, Solaris installs with totally silly defaults for all this stuff.
I dunno why they do it that way, but anyway, anyone using Solaris
_will_ need to reconfigure the kernel (just for the default config),
so problems there aren't an argument for leaving the defaults alone.

----
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M2P 2A8                                        +1 416 646 3304
x110