Re: List online archives and spam - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: List online archives and spam
Date
Re: List online archives and spam  (greg@turnstep.com)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 greg@turnstep.com wrote:

> >> This question was asked a few days ago but never answered. Could
> >> someone from the web development group at least give a yes or no
> >> answer? Since the archive is already parsing the emails into mailto
> >> links, this seems like it would be a trivial fix.
> >> Thanks.
>
> > Given the list is gatewayed to usenet, it would be a completely pointless
> > 'fix', unfortunately.
>
> Well, I would not say pointless - every little bit helps, and this was a
> fairly reasonable request, IMO. At the very least, it should have warranted
> at the least *some* response from the people responsible for the archive,
> unless they are not reading this list.

Given the list is gatewayed to usenet, i would be a completely pointless
'fix', unfortunately :)

The problem is that I've had ppl request that the mail'ng address be
mailto:'d so that they can reply to someone's mail if they find it in a
search of the archives ...

... now, that said, if someone knows what (if?) I can add to the mhonarc
resource file in order to 'mask' the addresses, I'd be willing to make the
change as well as regenerate the existing archives ...