Re: to_date has beaten me... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rodger Donaldson
Subject Re: to_date has beaten me...
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 10:06:35PM -0700, Roberto Mello wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 05:25:39PM +1300, Rodger Donaldson wrote:
> >
> > Why yes.  Yes I did.  Too much time spent with Oracle, evidently.
> > Next I'll be wondering why DECODE doesn't work...
>
> Because DECODE is non-standard AFAIK. You can use CASE WHEN in PostgreSQL,
> which IIRC, started being supported in Oracle 8.1.7.

It was a joke.  A feeble one, I know.  CASE actually turned up in
8.1.6 - I ended up rewriting a chunk of a client's codebase, mostly
because DECODE is so illegible next to CASE.

--
Rodger Donaldson        rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz
I just had this vision of a young boy cowering in terror, whispering: