Re: Website troubles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rogier van Eeten
Subject Re: Website troubles
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 03:48:18PM -0500, Tony Grant wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 09:19, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>
> > Was it ever resolved exactly what happened to the website last
> > weekend?
>
> Read a little more news my friend!
>
> The whole internet was paralysed by a worm trying to bring down all the
> SQL servers of the earth.

Uhm... wasn't that a mssql-worm. And the patch was out for about half a
year. So any administrator with a broken mssql wasn't quite good in his
job. And I sincerely hope that the postgresql mailinglist wasn't running
from a machine with mssql...

Rogier