Re: Replication - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Replication
Date
Re: Replication  (Will LaShell <will@lashell.net>)
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 07:38:29PM +0100, Gaetano Mendola wrote:
> >
> > the eRServer is for free or not ?
>
> "Not", as far as I know.  Its baby cousin is in contrib/rserv in the
> source tree.  I haven't tested it with 7.3, so I don't know whether
> it works.

Don't ... from everything we have heard, there are a half-dozen companies
out there that have taken the time to figure out and get it to work, but
nobody has bothered to submit patches back to the project to make it
easier/more useful for others ...

eRServer is to rserv what running Unix on a PIII is to running it on a 386
... for v7.4, we are most likely going to move rserv over to gborg ...