Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: Can we revisit the thought of PostgreSQL 7.2.4?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Saturday 25 January 2003 21:06, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 January 2003 20:36, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > improve the capabilities of the database.  For security issues, if we
> > > already have ten open doors in a house, does it help to lock two of
> > > them when the other eight are still open?

> > Yes.  It depends upon which street the door faces.  See the MS SQL Server
> > Sapphire worm for reference.

> Right.  All our open doors are on the inside, so we aren't too bad.

SQL injection exploits for various frontends are also an issue.

I just have an issue with being able to crash the server with an SQL command.
We'll see how it pans out, I guess.

Red Hat certainly thought it was worth spending some time on; reference their
back porting of the fixes to versions as old as 6.5.3.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio