Re: To use a VIEW or not to use a View..... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From jasiek@klaster.net
Subject Re: To use a VIEW or not to use a View.....
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 08:53:53AM -0800, Stephan Szabo wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> I haven't looked at code yet but tried examples like Tomasz's and some
> simple ones and have gotten reasonable seeming output for the estimates
> given accurate statistics (joining two estimate 3 outputs, getting 8 for
> the estimated rows, joining that with another copy getting 50 some odd
> where in this case the real would be 81).  Not that I did  a
> particularly thorough test.  I hope to get a chance over the next couple
> of days to look and run more tests.
>
> Tomasz, if you have the chance, you might want to try CVS and see what it
> does for the queries you've been working with.
Not too easy. Currently I have only windows machine with
Postgresql/cygwin. I use dial-up for accessing internet, which isn't
nice to use. I will try this if I find some free computer to install
postgresql/linux ;-)
Anyway I already gave up this kind of query, especially I can't use CVS
as production server (should I?)

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta