Re: About rules on views and M$ Access - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: About rules on views and M$ Access
Date
List pgsql-odbc
--- Davide Romanini <romaz@libero.it> wrote:
(snipped)
> But it simply doesn't find any row with
> "CostoEffettivo"='1.44232004547119' and this is
> probably due to internal
> handling of double precision numbers, I don't know
> exactly why. The
> query successes if I cast the column
> "CostoEffettivo" as text.
> Remember anyway that I can't change the queries the
> Access sends to ODBC!

Not quite true: you could always use unbound forms
etc, though that lets you in for a lot of extra work
;-)
Your queries suggest that "CostoEffettivo" is a
display field, i.e. it is not used in computations and
will not be updated directly.  If so, try casting it
to text in your view definition, and have it displayed
as text in your form.  At least the value should agree
that way, so your updates would succeed.
As for controlling the way Access composes its SQL: I
don't know whether that is possible, perhaps you could
post the question to an Access NG/List.