Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: 7.3.1 New install, large queries are slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 09:00:19AM -0500, Jeff wrote:
> Perhaps this should go on the TODO - when one side is an int8 and the
> other is a literal number assume the number to be int8 instead of int4?

Actually, this is a broader problem having to do with type coercion.
There are a couple of TODO items which refer to this, it looks to me,
but in any case there has been _plenty_ of discussion on -general and
-hackers about what's wrong here.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110