asynchronous psql command options? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Christopher Smith
Subject asynchronous psql command options?
Date
Re: asynchronous psql command options?  (Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>)
List pgsql-admin

recently, my dsl provider went out of business, currently, I am using dial-up and I need to build indexes of a very large database table.  this take a few hours...

i used psql via ssh on dial-up and closed the ssh client. I logged in again and it showed that the postmater process was still running.. I thought that the index building process would continue 'til completion.

however, this morning no indexes were built.  Is it possible to send commands via psql asynchronous.  Does anyone know why the index building process stopped?

please advise,

thanks

Do you Yahoo!?