Re: pg_dump a specific schema - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: pg_dump a specific schema
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:08:09PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Neil Conway writes:
>
> > I used the '-n' and '--namespace' command-line arguments.
>
> Please do not export the term namespace to the user space.  Use schema
> instead.

Here we have the problem of colliding nomenclature. Pg_dump already uses
the word schema in its generic RDB sense, rather than its SQL standard
sense. Got any ideas on what to call it instead? One option would be to
bite the bullet, and rename our current 'schema-only' option to 'DDL-only'
although that's not completely accurate.

BTW, -n _was_ the 'suppress unneeded quotes' flag/option. You overrode that?

Ross