Re: vaccumdb is giving "ERROR: out of free buffers: time to abort !" - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Raja Kumar Thatte
Subject Re: vaccumdb is giving "ERROR: out of free buffers: time to abort !"
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hai Tom Lane
Thanks a lot.
I think I have to increase shared_buffers.
I will try.
I think this will solve my problem
c u
raja

--- Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Raja Kumar Thatte <trajakumar@yahoo.com> writes:
> > After 7 to 8 hours I am getting
> > ERROR:  out of free buffers: time to abort !
> > vacuumdb: vacuum  xyzdb failed
>
> What do you have shared_buffers set to?
>
> If it's still the default (64), that's way too small
> for a production
> installation.  Try a few thousand instead.
>
>             regards, tom lane

=====

Raja Kumar Thatte, Research Engineer,TMN-Group,C-DOT, 71/1, Sneha Complex, Miller Road, Bangalore-560052.

Phone:080-2389351/354, 2263399Ext362