Re: [GENERAL] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dan Langille
Subject Re: [GENERAL] v7.3.1 Bundled and Released ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 4 Jan 2003, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Greg Copeland writes:
>
> > Just a reminder, there still doesn't appear to be a 7.3.1 tag.
>
> There is a long tradition of systematically failing to tag releases in
> this project.  Don't expect it to improve.

It was I who suggested that a release team would be a good idea.  I think
that was soundly rejected.  I still think it's a good idea.  If only to
ensure that things are properly tagged, the right annoucements go out at
the right times, that a code freeze goes into effect, etc. These concepts
are not new.  A release is an important step in the life cycle.

I volunteered to document the release procedure as it resides only within
lore and a couple of heads.  I have yet to start.