Replication - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Greg Pyhl
Subject Replication
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi,

I'm using PostgreSQL 7.2.1 (on top of RH7.3) and I
need to replicate/mirror the database (almost)
real-time on other host. In other words: main machine
has DB which is used/updated all the time. If the main
machine crashes/burns, the backup machine should have
replicated the DB so that with some simple configuring
the backup machine can replace the unusable main
machine.

I've take a quick look at the issue and found already
two alternatives which all may do the job for me:

Usogres:
http://usogres.good-day.net/

RServ (seems a bit out-of-date):
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/settinguprserv.php

Are these the one I should study and test first? Is
there some de facto method for simple PgSQL
replication/mirroring case I described above?

Any comments appreciated!