Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Brown
Subject Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> On 18 Dec 2002 at 8:54, scott.marlowe wrote:
> >
> > www.linuxtoday.com has weekly updates from many gnu / OSS projects which
> > are far less interesting than our 7.3.1 release is.  I could see posting a
> > minor upgrade release notice there and on other OSS news web site
> > (freshmeat, slashdot, etc...)
>
> I read linuxtoday and /. daily. Linuxtoday is OK but /. would be an almost
> waste of another 800 comments of postgresql v/s mysql.

That's okay, another 800 comments of PostgreSQL vs MySQL on Slashdot
would increase the load on Slashdot's MySQL server, thus making it
slower and illustrating the point that they should be using PostgreSQL
instead.  [ ducks ]

:-)

--
Kevin Brown                          kevin@sysexperts.com