Update on replication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Update on replication
Date
Re: Update on replication
Re: Update on replication
List pgsql-hackers
Update on replication:

We have several things happening with Postgres-R replication:
o  Someone is porting the 7.2-based Postgres-R code to 7.3o  Darren and I are in discussion with the Spread folks,
attemptingto get a more BSD-friendly license from themo  People are evaluating the Postgres-R approach and comparing
itto more traditional 2-phase commit replication.

With these things moving forward, we will be in a much better position
to get synchronous replication integrated in PostgreSQL.

Pennsylvania19073