Re: update - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: update
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert,

> > I have the technology for our press release engine.   Zapatec Inc.
> > (www.zapatec.com) has agreed to host a press list app for Postgres
> > Advocacy.   This should allow me to throw together a suitably
> > user-friendly and secure press list mailer in a few hours this or next
> > weekend.
> >

> Two things, first being you should check with marc to see what software he
is
> using since he is the one doing the physical mailing out.

The idea is to have Marc *not* do the physiscal mailing out.  This needs to be
accessable to a list of people in case Marc is not available; also, having
him do it encourages the PostgreSQL Inc. == PostgreSQL confusion in the minds
of the press.

Second, can you verify
> if they use postgresql? I hate to think of the news that we are using a
mailing
> list service that uses some other type of database...

We started this discussion because Zapatec hosted the last San Francisco
Postgres User's Group meeting.  Their whole technology is based on
Apache/Tomcat/PostgreSQL.  Good enough?

> BTW - do you know how to check out the www code from cvs? I can't seem to
get at
> it from anon checkout.  Actually, do you know where the idocs source code is
> kept? I want to take a look at something.

No, I don't.  Sorry.  Speaking of which, I'd like to give you a temporary
logon and let you set up cvsup on my server.  I'm just not going to have
enough time.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions