pgsql-server/contrib/start-scripts PostgreSQL. ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From momjian@postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
Subject pgsql-server/contrib/start-scripts PostgreSQL. ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    momjian@postgresql.org    02/12/09 16:26:10

Added files:
    contrib/start-scripts: PostgreSQL.darwin
                           StartupParameters.plist.darwin

Log message:
    I've simplified the Darwin/Mac OS X startup script I submitted earlier
    in the year. This version has only the two files required by the Darwin
    startup bundle design. Plus the sh script now uses Darwin-standard
    functions to start up PostgreSQL, and it checks for the presence of a
    variable in /etc/hostconfig, as do other Darwin startup scripts.

    I suggest that a new directory be created,
    contrib/start-scripts/darwin, and that these two files be put into it.
    Folks who want to use the script can read the comments inside it to
    figure out how to use it.

    David Wheeler