postmaster problem - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From leon lee
Subject postmaster problem
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Hi friends,

I run cygwin under win2000, and when I want to connect
to the postgreSQL, I meet the problem as following:

$ pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/  start
postmaster successfully started

$ DEBUG:  database system shutdown was interrupted at
2002-12-06 16:14:45
DEBUG:  CheckPoint record at (0, 2144336)
DEBUG:  Redo record at (0, 2144336); Undo record at
(0, 0); Shutdown FALSE
DEBUG:  NextTransactionId: 1505; NextOid: 51488
DEBUG:  database system was not properly shut down;
automatic recovery in progre
ss...
DEBUG:  redo starts at (0, 2144400)
DEBUG:  ReadRecord: record with zero len at (0,
2238504)
DEBUG:  redo done at (0, 2238464)
FATAL 2:  XLogFlush: request is not satisfied
/usr/bin/postmaster: Startup proc 1432 exited with
status 512 - abort

At the same time, the postmaster.pid file can not be
produced again.

Thanks in advance

Leon