Fwd: Re: database location problems - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Aarni Ruuhimäki
Subject Fwd: Re: database location problems
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi !

-D is for for your preferred location, that is, ih this case, your 'custom'
datadir.

But why ? What is wrong with default values ? Defaults work fine on any
'default box', and you do not have to recall all different set-ups ? Lot's of
remembering / documentation skipped. We want to standardize a good thing ?

Other issues like security, access control and such forth can be configured by
firewalls ( I have three + plus the system ) and config files etc. ?

This is just my view ...

Very best regards and take care !

t: a