Re: Re: connecting to port tom - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Peter Childs
Subject Re: Re: connecting to port tom
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sunday 01 December 2002 20:01, hodges@xprt.net wrote:
> When I access my database, tom, from Mozilla I get a
> message asking if postmaster is listening on port tom.
>
> I did a pg-dump and noticed one of the first lines is
> /connect - tom
>
> I suppose this is the database name rather than the port?

    No, Connect as user tom, its a multi user database to reconsruct the database
correctly \connect ensures that its correctly connected as tom.
    If you have some security settings swiched on the rebuild may fail unless you
do it as postgres.
    I'm still trying to work out if its possible to dump a database without the
\connect s and grants so that when I rebuild it else where everything still
works properly (like at home where I don't have a user rob (or what ever)...)

Peter Childs