Re: DBF-Files - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Vic Bron
Subject Re: DBF-Files
Date
List pgsql-novice
   Hi, Deieter!
  First , forgive my dirty English.
  Did your see/test postgresql-7.2.3/contrib/dbase ?
  So is many other solutions :
  What OS your use ? ;)
  If its M$ Win9X | Win2k | XP - yuor way is ODBC and write
  simplest prg on Delphi.
  Under Nix .... it's most wide quest -
  I on FreeBSD box
  first run /usr/ports/databases/dbf2mysql
  and some
  scripts to convert mysql data types and add some  my objects
  (index/triggres,stored procs)

  But finally use PHP scripts (my task  - convert plain db for my website
  postgres DB)
  IMHO php API to db VERY simple,but mayby most slowly then any
  bin utility.
 WBR
   Vic.