Re: Why does everyone think MySQL is easier? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Holger Klawitter
Subject Re: Why does everyone think MySQL is easier?
Date
List pgsql-general
Am Donnerstag, 28. November 2002 01:38 schrieb Tom Lane:
> "Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> > Why do people say MySQL is easier to install and manage than PostgreSQL?
>
> I think that "conventional wisdom" is a reflection of where things were
> three or four years ago, not where they are today.  I can't speak to
> MySQL's improvement, but we've sure made some huge strides since then.

Just two days ago I had an argument with an MySQL user. He complained that PG
has "those weird \ commands" where MySQL uses a notation matching the normal
SQL look-and-feel.

With kind regards / mit freundlichem Gruß
    Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                          http://www.klawitter.de
lists@klawitter.de