Re: nested transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: nested transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I am going to work on nested transactions for 7.4.
> > [some details]
>
> This is, of course, barely scratching the surface of what will need to
> be done.
>
> I assume you've abandoned the notion of a fast release cycle for 7.4?
> 'Cause if you start on this, we ain't releasing any time soon ...

Abandoned because of the delay in Win32 (end of Dec), PITR (not being
worked on), and mostly because very few wanted a short release cycle.

I will keep the transaction changes private to my tree, so if I can't
get it done, I will just keep it for the next release.

Pennsylvania19073