Re: Optimizer & boolean syntax - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Optimizer & boolean syntax
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 02:45:34PM -0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > I think his point is that they _should_ be equivalent.  Surely there's
> > > something in the optimiser that discards '=true' stuff, like 'a=a'
> should be
> > > discarded?

> Not that I see the point of indexing booleans, but hey :)

If one of the values is much more infrequent than the other, you can
probably get a substantial win using a partial index, can't you?

"Everybody understands Mickey Mouse. Few understand Hermann Hesse.
Hardly anybody understands Einstein. And nobody understands Emperor Norton."