Re: xBSD shmem doc deficiency - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: xBSD shmem doc deficiency
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway wrote:
>         (c) the 'prevent shared memory paging' sysctl vaguely referred
>             to in the docs is 'kern.ipc.shm_use_phys', right?

I have added a mention of this to the 7.4 docs:
       You might also want to use the <application>sysctl</> setting to       lock shared memory into RAM and prevent
itfrom being paged out       to swap, e.g. <literal>kern.ipc.shm_use_phys</>.

Pennsylvania19073