Is there a system of cache in pgsql 7.3rc1 ? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From David Pradier
Subject Is there a system of cache in pgsql 7.3rc1 ?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi!
This is my first post to the list.

I'm currently searching to improve the performances of some requests,
and recently switched to postgresql 7.3rc1.

I thought there would be in this release a kind of cache for the results
of requests (i.e. the second time a request is asked, if the concerned
tables haven't changed, the result of the request isn't calculated another time, but
taken from a cache.) ?
Am i wrong ?
Does such a mechanism exist ?
Is it planned to create one ?