Re: pg_stat_database shows userid as OID - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pg_stat_database shows userid as OID
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 01:16:29PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> writes:
> > In the pg_stat_activity view, the usesysid is shown as having type Oid.
> > However pg_shadow says it's an integer.  Is there a reason?
>
> There's been disagreement for a long time over whether userids should be
> OIDs or ints.  If you want to introduce consistency then it's going to
> take a lot more than a one-line patch.  (First you'll need to convince
> the partisans involved which answer is the right one.)

Oh, I see.  I wasn't aware of this.  I don't really know which answer is
"the right one".  I don't care a lot about this thing either, but I'll
keep it into my list of amusements, and will probably even dig into
the archives sometime.

Criptografía: Poderosa técnica algorítmica de codificación que es
empleada en la creación de manuales de computadores.