Re: MemSet inline for newNode - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: MemSet inline for newNode
Date
List pgsql-patches
I just ran a test on catalog/index.c and found that with the new patch,
the conditional test is completely gone.  It now calls the palloc0
memory allocator unconditionally because all the conditions are met by
constants:

    BuildIndexInfo:
            pushl %ebp
            movl %esp,%ebp
            subl $32,%esp
            pushl %esi
            pushl %ebx
            addl $-8,%esp
            pushl $108
            movl CurrentMemoryContext,%eax
            pushl %eax
            call MemoryContextAllocPalloc0

and, in MemoryContextAllocPalloc0, the inline MemSet loop is used
unconditionally.