Re: Time difference without intervals - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Roberto Mello
Subject Re: Time difference without intervals
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 04:11:05PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Roberto Mello <rmello@cc.usu.edu> writes:
> > Is there any way to make a timestamp difference operation not return an
> > interval? I'd like to get hours, minutes and seconds only, not the "1 day"
> > or whatnot.
>
> I think your complaint is not that you get an interval, but that you
> want it displayed differently.  See to_char() ...

It was not a complaint in any way. I apologize if I came across like that.
It was an honest question.

Thanks for the replies.

-Roberto

--
+----|        Roberto Mello   -    http://www.brasileiro.net/  |------+
+       Computer Science Graduate Student, Utah State University      +