Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Darko Prenosil
Subject Re: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tuesday 05 November 2002 14:28, Mike wrote:
> hey folx!!!  sorry for the poor english (i\'m from brazil and skipped a LOT
> of english lessons)...
>
> anyways!  i just downloaded this version of PostgreSQL available on the
> site and unziped the whole thing... but...  there are some files and
> folders, but no installer...  every file on the first folder has no
> extension and i don\'t know what to do... how do i install it?  i need
> help!

For installation instructions see:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/installation.html

> note:  i\'m tryin to install it on a home pc with windows 98...  am i
> stupid? thank you already!!!  cya\'ll folx!

PostgreSQL windows port is work in progress, but not yet finished.
It is possible to run it with cygwin, but with that I have no experience.
Here is the link that explains how to install PostgreSQL on NT:
    http://people.freebsd.org/~kevlo/postgres/portNT.html